Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Manor


Welcome back!  The pictures that you see here are the one's I just took before I fell down a flight of very slippery stairs. But we'll come back to that.... Upon arriving in England yesterday we were directed through the lovely castle that you see here and and into a room where we were orientated. Then a few more activities like food and sleep commenced. I myself passed out at 9pm and woke up at 4am. So, ladies and gents, it's safe to say that I am being thoroughly effected by jet lag. Regardless, I ventured outside the stone walls and explored.

Everything here is so green! It's beautiful when the sun shines and when it doesn't. However, because it is so damp here, things stay wet...like some steps in the garden. After telling Ross that the steps were slippery, I proceeded to fall down said steps...There's a reason my middle name isn't Grace. Anyway! I now have a lovely bump on my lower lip that will go really well with my dress for dinner tonight.

Tonight, we are having a 'high table dinner' with the professors and deans of the school. We are to dress 'smartly' and conduct ourselves in an adult like manor while sipping on wine and eating British delicacies. I am quite excited. So I shall have to bid you adieu. Until next time! Cheers :)

  


1 comment: